Lesson 4 Test
Write your answers on a piece of scratch paper so you can check them against the answer key when you are finished.
1. How many beats can there be within a single measure? What note values can be equal to the beat?
2. What does the top number of a time signature tell us? The bottom number?
3. What is the time signature for simple duple time where the beat equals the eighth note?
4. What is the time signature for simple triple time where the beat equals the half note?
5. What is the time signature for simple quadruple time where the beat equals the quarter note?
Translate the following
tempo markings from Italian into
7. How many quarter notes would fit in a single measure of 2/8 meter?
How many eighth notes would fit in a single measure of 3/4 meter?
How many half notes would fit in a single measure of 4/2 meter?
8. What does the following information tell you?
9. What is the definition of simple meter?
Each of the following
measures has either too few or too many notes. What note value needs to be added or
subtracted to correct these measures?
© Copyright 2005