Lesson 8 Test
Write your answers on a piece of scratch paper so you can check them against the correct answers at the end of the test.
1. In a key signature with sharps, the last sharp represents which scale degreee?
2. In a key signature with flats, the last flat represents which scale degree?
3. What is the name for the third note of the major scale? The fourth note? The fifth note? The sixth note?
4. What is the definition of a musical interval?
5. What are the two categories of musical intervals? Which intervals of the major scale fit into each of these categories?
6. Notate the D major scale in the treble clef using the required accidentals rather than a key signature. What is the musical interval between the tonic and subdominant scale degrees?
7. Notate the Gb major scale in the bass clef using the correct key signature. What is the musical interval between the tonic and submediant scale degrees?
8. What is the musical interval from B up to D#?
9. What is the musical interval from Eb up to Bb?
10. What is the musical interval from F down to C?
© Copyright 2005